What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Contact us through email, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
- Register for or request a service we provide or which we make available to you through our Services;
- Register or link an account on our website;
- Upload content to our website;
- Create an account on the Services, which may include your name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, photo, payment or banking information, and government ID;
- Enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or promotional prize draw (each a “Sweepstakes”) held through our Services;
- Fill out questionnaires on our Services or which are sent to you;
- Communicate with the Company;
- Provide access to linked accounts, including Twitch and YouTube;
- Submit information about product purchases; and
- Submit information about your business, including financial information.
The Personal Information may include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or email address;
- shipping address (if you win any deliverable prize);
- your date of birth;
- your photo;
- your username on the services;
- your username from third party accounts which you have linked to our Services (each such account, a “Linked-Account”);
- your account profile picture;
- your Linked-Account profile picture;
- video submitted to us by you;
- audio submitted to us by you;
- social media data, including without limitation: who you follow, your followers, subscribers and who you subscribe to;
- your trade history on trading platforms;
- your trade url;
- your payment and banking information;
- information provided by third-party payment processors such as Stripe or PayPal;
- your location; and
- and any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
When you interact with us or other users of the Services we collect certain information. This information may include:
- information about how, when, and where you use our Services;
- error logging, event recording and user experience data;
- whether you have entered a Sweepstakes;
- entry methods used for Sweepstakes; and
- the settings you use on our Services.
We also collect information about you from other sources. We may obtain this information from sources such as:
- our business partners;
- our clients and customers;
- third party service providers, including Fullstory, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Wax.io, YouTube, and Google analytics;
- other users of the services;
- banking or other financial services providers;
- insurance providers;
- sponsors of Sweepstakes (“Sponsors”); and
- publicly available sources.
How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
When you use our Services, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your device which runs our applications. This information may include your domain name, and your IP address. We may also collect other information, such as the type of browser you use, which of our site’s pages you view, and the files you request. Additionally, we may also collect other technical and system log information from you, such as:
- the hardware you use to interact with our Services;
- operating system and version information;
- software you use;
- API access tokens;
- mobile network information;
- pages you view on our Services;
- your unique device identifier;
- your system activity;
- software debug and crash information; and
- referral website address used to access our website.
We use this information to improve our understanding of how users use our Services, and to improve our Services. The amount of information that is sent to us by technological means depends on your browser or device and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what information it sends to Services you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
- to improve functionality and performance of our Services, including tailoring our Services to increase relevancy of content displayed to you;
- to provide you with services;
- to facilitate your transactions on the Services;
- to authenticate users of our Services;
- to provide us with insights on how users use our Services and other analytics, such as traffic on our Services;
- to remember your settings and preferences; and
- to deliver relevant advertisements to you based on your interests, preferences, and activities. Cookies also help to avoid delivering the same advertisements to you too many times and measure the usefulness of advertisements you have been delivered. Information gathered by Cookies may be shared with third parties, including advertisers. This means that sometimes you’ll see our Services advertised elsewhere on the internet.
How We Use and Disclose Information Collected from You
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to register your account on the Services;
- to verify and authenticate your Account information;
- to validate your reputation on certain platforms;
- to verify ownership of Sweepstake’s prizes by the Sponsor;
- to supply you with requested goods, products, or services;
- to send you informational, administrative, or promotional communications if you explicitly consented to receive these communications;
- to communicate with you and to enable other users to communicate with you;
- to respond to your inquires and provide you with customer support;
- to increase the security and safety of our Services and users;
- to carry out and facilitate Sweepstakes;
- to facilitate delivery of Sweepstakes prizes to the applicable winners;
- we may share your username and profile picture with the public including by displaying it on our website;
- in the event you win a Sweepstakes, your email and physical address may be delivered to one or more Sponsors in order to allow them to deliver your prize;
- to serve you relevant advertisements and content;
- to collect and disburse payments;
- to perform analytics on our Services;
- for any other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- to process your entry into Sweepstakes;
- we may share donation information with the Sponsor or charity which is the beneficiary of the Sweepstakes; and
- for any purpose required by law.
Each time you enter a Sweepstakes, we may publicly disclose on our website and app that you have entered that Sweepstakes. At that time, we may also disclose your Personal Information to the Sponsor or beneficiary charity of such Sweepstakes so as to assist the Sponsor with their sponsorship and administration of their Sweepstakes and to assist the charity with their administrative requirements. For example, this allows the Sweepstakes Sponsors to match a winning draw with the user who submitted it. This is also done to help Sweepstakes Sponsors comply with local Sweepstakes law, which may require public disclosure of winners or other disclosures. Accordingly, you understand that Sponsors may further disclose Personal Information they receive from us. For example, Sponsors may disclose your name, username or Linked-Account username, photo, profile picture or Linked-Account profile picture, and prize won on their stream or in other publicity.
Each time you redeem an entry to a Sweepstakes, we may publicly disclose on our website and app and in any other publicity: (a) that you redeemed an entry; (b) the entry method you used; (c) the number of entries you redeemed; (d) the time you redeemed your entries; (e) your username or Linked-Account username; and (f) your profile picture or Linked-Account profile picture. If you register on our Services, but fail to enter a Sweepstakes, we may also publicly disclose that fact.
In addition to information described in the paragraph above, other information of yours may be disclosed on our Services’ activity stream. This information may include: (a) XP that you have earned and the reason therefor; (b) groups or circles you have been added to; and (c) entries you have earned for undertaking various actions and the actions that earned you those entries.
If you win a Sweepstakes, we may publicly disclose on our website and app and in any other publicity: (a) your username or Linked-Account username; (b) your profile picture or Linked-Account profile picture; (c) your name; (d) the prize you won; (e) your approximate location; (f) your prize won; and (g) your photo.
We also combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from you for the purposes of facilitating and improving our Services. We may transfer information we collect from you to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out any of these purposes.
We work with payment services providers to collect payments and disburse funds from and to users of our Services. As a result, we will share your Personal Information and other payment information with third party payment service providers (including Stripe, PayPal, and Tiltify) to the extent necessary to make such payment collections and fund disbursements.
Some or all of the information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information to a third party in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We also may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for legal compliance purposes, to cooperate with or carry-out investigations, and in compliance with any court order or subpoena.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We are committed to ensuring your Personal Information is protected and will use industry-standard security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to do so. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above. Financial transaction information is kept but anonymized. All personal information is stored in a password secured database inside a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
Storage and Processing of Information
Information collected through your use of the Services may be processed or stored in the United States, Canada, Europe or any other country in which We maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about You, including personal information, to affiliated entities or to other third parties across borders and from your country of jurisdiction to other jurisdictions throughout the world.
We Store Personal information for as long as necessary in order to provide the Services and fulfill the purposes discussed above. Please note that in some cases means that such Personal Information may be retained by Us indefinitely as long as you have an account with Us. You may also contact us at any time to delete your Personal Information, including any account information you have submitted to us.
Third Party Collection of Information
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy option that people can set in certain web browsers. Do Not Track is a way for individuals to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or other online services. However, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests, and we have no special monitoring services to identify which browsers are using Do Not Track options and which do not.
PLAYR.gg is compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in place as of May 25, 2018. As such, EU citizens providing us with their Personal Information have the following rights, in compliance with the GDPR:
- a right to information and access to their Personal Information, including information on whether and how Your Personal Information is being processed;
- You have a right to access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- a right to have your Personal Information deleted if you withdraw your consent to our collection or storage of such Personal Information;
- a right to restrict the manner in which your Personal Information is processed;
- a right transfer Your Personal Information another service provider or entity without hindrance; and
- a right to object at any time to the processing of their Personal Information.
PLAYR.gg is the ‘data controller’ and data ‘processor’ for users of Services as defined by the GDPR. Questions or concerns about your data collection practices can be forwarded to our data protection officer or EU representative at the contact info listed at the end of this policy.
THE SERVICES ARE NOT AIMED AT INDIVIDUALS UNDER 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from people under 13 years old. If we learn that personal information of people under 13 years old has been collected on or through our Services, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years old who uses our Services, then please contact us at the address below to have your child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
How to Contact Us
Our privacy officer/data protection officer is Andrew Mastracci and can be reached at: